University of the Cumberlands (UC) recently announced the induction of eight alumni into the Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
2018 inductees include:
- Janet (Williams) Anderson, Class of 1990- Softball
- Dave Bergman, Class of 1989- Outstanding Contribution
- Pierre Carlsson, attended 2008-2011- Men’s Golf
- Moses Cochran, Class of 2009- Football
- Mike Jacobs, attended 1975-1975- Men’s Track & Field
- B.J. Temple, Class of 2001- Track & Field Coach
- Jamie (Walker) Vernon, Class of 2004- Women’s Basketball
The public is encouraged to celebrate the inductees during the official induction ceremony and the annual Alumni Hall of Fame Luncheon. The luncheon begins at noon in the Boswell Campus Center Grill. Payment for the luncheon is required. To RSVP call 606.539.4355 or visit ucumberlands.edu/alumni. RSVPs must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 5, 2018.
The official induction ceremony will be held during halftime of the men’s basketball game. Tipoff is set for 4:00 p.m. with the women’s game beginning beforehand at 2:00 p.m. Both teams will be playing Cumberland University.
An auction sponsored by the Alumni Association and Athletic Hall of Fame Committee will take place between games in the O. Wayne Rollins Center entrance lobby.
Located in Williamsburg, Kentucky, University of the Cumberlands is an institution of regional distinction offering quality undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and online degree programs. Learn more at ucumberlands.edu.